Our quest for clean eating has continued into the week. I am so proud of my husband for eating so many fruits and veggies! I am even more proud of my in-laws for trying the meal that we made tonight. Yay! Woo hoo! We are making the entire family more healthy even it is just for one meal.
The best part about these meatballs is that they can be made ahead of time and thrown in the fridge or freezer for a later meal. Oh, and they are healthy and taste pretty darn good.
1 lb ground turkey (we used 99% fat free)
1 whole egg
1/2 an onion
10 spinach leaves chopped
1-2 tbs fresh parsley
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
Fresh ground pepper to taste
How to make these meatballs!
1. Preheat oven to 375/
2. Beat the egg in the bowl.
3. Add in remaining ingredients and mix ’em good.
4. Spoon out in equal portions onto a cookie sheet lined with tinfoil or parchment paper. (I used an ice cream scooper to help me with this.)
1/2 large spaghetti squash, cooked and stringed to look like spaghetti
4 tbs olive oil
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic peeled and chopped
1 C spinach chopped
1/4-1/2 cup of chicken broth
2 tbs dried basil leaves (could use chopped fresh but we didn’t have)
Black pepper to taste
How to make this squash stuff
1. Heat olive oil in sauce pan.
2. Over medium/high heat cook onion 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add garlic and continue cooking about 5 more minutes.
4. Add in spinach and cook until wilted.
5. Add chicken broth and spices, let simmer about 5 minutes.
6. Add spaghetti squash and stir to distribute sauce evenly.
7. To serve top with meatballs.
For our more picky eaters we served the other half of the spaghetti squash with canned red sauce. And…they actually said that it was “really good”. Mission accomplished!