Let me start by saying eating clean is going better than I thought it would. I feel healthier and have lost about 6 pounds over the last 2 weeks. Besides that, I nearly went into shock at dinner last night. We had hamburgers, wrapped in lettuce, and I just assumed that my in-laws were going to have theirs on buns. But, my mother-in-law (who is super sweet by the way) ate hers wrapped in lettuce just like us! We are making progress and helping the whole family to make healthier choices!
The P.E. teacher at the school I work at is leading a wellness initiative for our staff at school. She had sent out a bunch of recipes, but I have no idea where they came from exactly. This is one of those recipes just tweaked a little.
It was really yummy and even received the husband saying of approval of, “I think we should make this again sometime!”
4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (organic if you prefer, thin sliced and tenders would work well too just adjust cooking time)
1/2 cup of spicy brown mustard
2 tablespoons of organic honey
1 cup of crushed pecans (The ones I used were crushed when I bought them)
Sea Salt (optional)
What You Need to Do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Line and lightly spray a casserole dish with a healthy oil.
2. Combine mustard and honey in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Put your pecans in a separate bowl or shallow dish.
5. Dip both sides of each chicken breast into the mustard mixture. Then dip both sides of each chicken breast into the pecans. Place them into the baking dish and top with a little sea salt if you would like.
6. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, serve with a vegetable.
Someone came over to the house, and I have focusing issues and forgot to take a picture of the finished product.