This recipe is adapted from one that I found here, on the Weight Watcher’s website. For me, one of the best parts of making stuffed peppers is how aromatic they are while cooking. Within minutes, they smell amazing. Which makes it really difficult to wait for them to be finished cooking before eating them!
We have used beef as it calls for in the original recipe, it came out great. We then tried using our chicken burgers from Costco and loved that even more. I am sure these peppers would also be delicious with ground turkey or chicken, or even a veggie patty if you are a vegetarian.
2 Green Peppers
2 chicken burger patties (or other meat or meat substitute)
1 package of pre-cooked brown rice (this saves time as it is already cooked, no need to even heat it up)
1 can of V8 spicy vegetable juice
4 tbs Parmesan cheese (you can add more on top too)
Ground black pepper to taste if desired
1. If you are not using ground meat, then cut up burger patties into small pieces. Add meat, rice, 1/4 cup of the vegetable juice, and Parmesan cheese. The mixture should look something like this:
2. Have your lovely assistant (husband) carefully slice off the top of each pepper. Or you can do this yourself. Be sure that your peppers will fit into whatever pan/pot you plan to use. It will look something similar to this:
3. Stuff each pepper with the meat/rice mixture. Save remaining mixture for lunch the next day, it’s good enough to just eat by itself!
4. Pour remaining vegetable juice over and around the stuffed peppers.
5. Cover, simmer peppers over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes.
6. Top with a little extra Parmesan and enjoy.